Genesis Pregnancy Support officially began on July 4th 1991 in response to the obvious lack of practical and emotional support available to women or girls who were experiencing an unplanned pregnancy.
In November of that same year Genesis became an Incorporated Association as a non-denominational, not-for-profit, Christian organisation that is dedicated to the following:
- Provide counselling and support to women experiencing an unplanned or unsupported pregnancy.
- Provide free material assistance to any single, unsupported pregnant woman or new mum.
- Provide affordable baby gear for mums and families who are struggling financially.
- Provide emotional support, education and encouragement to young mums and mums-to-be through regional support groups.
- Supporting mothers who are facing significant challenges to develop the skills they need for their child and themselves to thrive.
- Provide post abortion counselling and recovery retreats for women who are struggling after an abortion.
- Provide preventative and protective sex and relationship education programs to school students and parents.
- Conduct educational information sessions addressing current sexual health concerns and the issues associated with unplanned pregnancy.
- Promote community awareness of our services and the needs of those we seek to help.
Genesis is comprised of a dedicated team of 50 – 60 staff and volunteers, all donating our time, energy and finances in some way or other with a collective heart to help women, men, babies and families in need if we possibly can.