So you’ve just found out she’s pregnant …
We understand that an unplanned pregnancy can leave you feeling overwhelmed, scared, depressed, happy, excited, confused and upset all at the same time. Perhaps you and your partner have been together for a long time or just met. It’s hard to know how to support her when you’re still trying to process the situation yourself.
Keep in mind that telling you may be one of the hardest things she has to do and she is probably facing mixed emotions like you. If she has chosen to include you then realise your support is extremely valuable to her.
What do you do now?
You’ve probably got a lot of questions and that’s perfectly understandable.
Our counsellors at Genesis are here for you too.
We know that this can be an incredibly stressful time for you as well.
Depending on your situation there can be all sorts of questions…
- Is she really pregnant?
- Is the baby mine?
- What are the choices now?
- What say do I have in those choices?
- What are my legal rights?
- Is this going to cost me?
- What kind of support is there?
- What’s involved with adoption?
- What’s the process with choosing an abortion? For her? For me?
- Am I ready to be a parent?
- What does she expect or want from me?
- How connected do I have to or want to be?
- Can our relationship last though this?
- What exactly is our relationship?
You obviously would have a lot of mixed feelings.
We’re here to help you:
- talk through your questions
- discuss your concerns
- consider your options
- navigate the difficult conversations between you both.
- sort through it all and
- determine what is best for you.
You can organise a chat with one of our counsellors now….
CALL 1300 139 313
You matter too. But this situation is about more than just you now.
Your role is vital.
Try to work through this together, discussing your feelings, sharing your thoughts honestly and navigating your next steps.
It’s so important that you each feel supported and understood because the decision made affects both of you.
Ask Genesis to have someone contact you: